Celebrate Earth Day Every Day
Reinforce your commitment to greener living. Saving electricity, recycling
and protecting our natural resources help preserve the planet and ensure a
sustainable future for everyone. It’s smart to be green.
Make the Switch to Green Living
Replace standard switches with dimmers, timers, occupancy sensors and CFL
lampholders for a quick energy payback. Switching to lighting controls makes
Our highlighted products will help lower your electrical costs and add
convenience to everyday living. Using energy-saving devices cuts down on
the amount of harmful gases released into the atmosphere as by-products of
electrical power generation.
Green Product Choices
These are some of the many energy-saving products in Leviton’s broad
selection. Visit the Lighting Control, Energy Management and OEM sections of
leviton.com for a complete selection of smart green choices.
Earth Day Facts
Conservation Begins at Home
- U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson founded Earth Day in1970.
- The name Earth Day was chosen in part because it rhymed with
- Earth Day marked the beginning of the modern environmental movement.
- Approximately 20 million Americans participated in the first Earth
- Earth Day is now observed in 175 countries around the world.
- Each person throws away approximately 4 pounds of garbage every day.
- Most families throw away about 88 pounds of plastic each year.
- People at home use more than 1/3 of all energy.
- One third of all water is used to flush the toilet.
- Each gallon of fuel releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide into the